1 person made this
About this recipe:
Very flavourful and moreish, this pasta dish is great as a lunch or supper treat served with a crisp green salad. Serves 4.
100g elbow macaroni
3 large leeks
1 medium red pepper
1 medium onion
120g chorizo sausage
4 medium eggs
4 tablespoons single cream
100g Gouda cheese, chopped or grated
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling, salted water for about 15 minutes until cooked but slightly al dente. Drain and rinse, twice.
- Wash and slice the leeks into 1cm discs. Seed and dice the pepper and peel and dice the onion.
- Fry the leeks, pepper and onion in half of the butter for about 2 minutes, stirring. Season, reduce the heat and cook gently for a further 6 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and cut into dices. Remove the leek, pepper and onions from the heat, and add the pasta and chorizo.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and stir through the cheese and parsley - stir into the pasta mixture until well combined.
- Lightly grease a lasagne dish with the remaining butter and pour the pasta mixture in and level the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool, slice and serve with salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate