2 people made this
About this recipe:
A tasty and easy savoury rice dish that's suitable for vegetarians.
10ml (1 dessertspoon) oil
1 onion, chopped
3 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
150g long grain rice
1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder dissolved in 550ml boiling water
10ml (1 dessertspoon) curry powder
1 tomato, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion and fry until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper; cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice. Add the stock, peas and curry powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped tomato on top.
Tip 1. Use different seasonal vegetables.
Tip 2. Add cooked beans or lentils.
Tip 3. Try using different spices,e.g. paprika or chopped herbs.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate