1 / 1 Picture by:
Omelette Arnold Bennett
- 55g (2oz) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175g (6oz) undyed smoked haddock fillet
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- 25g (1oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Watercress and rocket leaves to serve
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the grill and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish. Place the haddock fillet in the dish, spread with half the butter, then grill for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool, then remove and discard the skin and separate the flesh into flakes.
- Put the mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl and beat, then fold in the haddock. Melt the remaining butter in a 25cm (10in) omelette pan. Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and lightly stir with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste and when the butter begins to bubble, pour the eggs into the butter.
- Gently fork through the egg until thickened, remove the pan from the heat and spread the smoked haddock mixture evenly over the surface. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place under a hot grill for about 1 minute until the omelette is golden and bubbling. Remove from the grill and cut into four wedges. Top with watercress and rocket leaves and serve at once.
Nutrients per serving
Vitamins B12, A, B2, B6
A quick and easy dish that is tasty and filling. Will definitely be making this again - 05 Aug 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!