My easy focaccia
1 / 4
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4
My easy focaccia
1 person made this
About this recipe:
My focaccia bread recipe is partially made in the food processor, that's why it's easy! You can add fresh rosemary before baking, if you like.
Makes: 1 focaccia
2 teaspoons dried active yeast or 12g fresh yeast
200ml warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
300g of 00 grade flour (or bread flour), divided
1 teaspoon salt
70ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Extra time:2hr ›
- Dissolve yeast in 200ml warm water; pour into a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 150g of the flour. You can use also a food processor to make the dough.
- Mix all the ingredients with a spatula. If using a food processor, process until you reach a smooth batter that's fairly runny.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt. Mix or process for 2-3 minutes, then add the remaining flour and mix or process again, until the dough gathers into a ball.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured work surface; knead for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Knead it again and shape into a rectangle.
- Pour 50ml of the oil onto a 20x30cm baking tray.
- Transfer the dough onto the greased baking tray (no need to spread it on the baking tray at this time) and let rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
- Once risen, pull or spread the dough so that it covers the surface of the baking tray. Brush the surface of the dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Let rise again for about half an hour.
- Press the focaccia with your fingertips to leave indents in the dough.
- Sprinkle the dough with the remaining 20ml oil and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Sprinkle with coarse salt and spray the surface of the dough with a little water.
- Bake the focaccia in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until just golden in colour.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack before slicing.
You can add some rosemary along with coarse salt before baking the focaccia.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate