1 person made this
About this recipe:
This pirinee, or pirini, is a sweet treat from the Maldives. Pumpkin is grated and combined with milk and condensed milk for a lovely dessert.
300g grated pumpkin
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk
50g chopped almonds
50g chopped cashews
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the pumpkin with the water and 125ml of the milk. Bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer and cook till the pumpkin is tender.
- Combine 125ml of the milk with the cornflour. Stir till smooth and set aside.
- Add the remaining 750ml milk to the pan along with the condensed milk. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from catching.
- Slowly add the cornflour and milk mixture, whisking well. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Continue to cook gently till thickened.
- Can serve it warm or cold. Enjoy!
INSTEAD OF 2 tablespoons cornflour (CORRECTION 7 tablespoons cornflour)
THE MORE DENSE YOU MAKE YOU HAVE TO ADD CORNFLOUR.
- 19 Nov 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate