1 person made this
About this recipe:
Healthy version of this delicious winter warmer featuring chicken thighs, mushrooms, carrots and celery, flavoured with white wine, marjoram and bay leaf.
1 large onion, diced
2 large carrots, diced
2 celery sticks, sliced thinly
6 large skinless and boneless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
8 closed cup mushrooms, quartered
250ml white wine
1 chicken stockpot
4 bay leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
3 teaspoons plain flour
salt and pepper
2 very large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery for 5 minutes in cooking spray.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add wine, water, stockpot, herbs and flour, and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Arrange potatoes on top, overlapping, and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with a little salt and lots of ground pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 until lovely and deep golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate