Bacon and black pudding salad with walnuts and mozzarella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g of cubed smoked bacon or lardons
- 100g of black pudding, sliced and cubed
- 50g of walnut halves
- 200g of fresh buffalo Mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 100g of rocket
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- fresh dill
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Heat olive oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- Fry the cubes of smoked bacon along with cubes of black pudding and walnut halves. Cook until bacon cubes are crispy.
- Divide rocket leaves evenly on 4 plates. Top with even amounts of the bacon and black pudding mixture.
- Place mozerella cheese on top and drizzle over the dressing.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
Used different ingredients. I served it over mixed salad leaves and added basil instead of dill. Dill just didn't appeal to me with mozzarella. - 25 Apr 2009
We had this for lunch with friends and it was delicious! Frying the walnuts is a great idea as it brings out their flavour. I'll definately make this again but double the amount of dressing. We all added more to our plates! - 25 Apr 2009
This was a perfect starter for dinner party, so easy and any prep can be done beforehand so just had to quickly cook when guests arrived. Loved it, thanks for sharing. - 02 Oct 2009