Easy Pea and Pesto Soup
- 1 (500g) bag frozen garden peas
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1L (1 3/4 pints) chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Place peas, potatoes and stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer until potatoes are soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- Use a blender to purée about 2/3 of the soup, or all if you prefer a smooth soup. Stir in pesto, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on its own or with a drizzle of olive oil, a fresh grating of Pecorino Romano and some crusty bread.
This is soup is one of our favourites, if you find the pesto taste too strong, try different makes, Asda pesto isn't too strong, I've made this so many times it's different all the time, depending on stock used or make of pesto. I've passed it onto to lots of friends too who have had it at one of my dinner parties! SO easy! Easiest soup I've ever made! - 04 Dec 2009
Something else. It's not really a tweak just advise to use a really good pesto rather than a cheaper version. Marks and Spencer green pesto is really good in this soup. Go on spoil yourself.... - 20 Feb 2009
This is one of my favourites soups. I make batches of soup to freeze in portions for my lunches. Sometimes i have it for dinner and grill some good quality fisher fingers and break these up on top of the soup - sounds a bit odd but it sure is tasty! - 16 Jan 2014