5 people made this
About this recipe:
Oh brownies... rich, decadent and truly little mouthfuls of indulgence. These are melt in the mouth brownies topped with a delicious ganache.
80g dark chocolate, chopped
7 tablespoons cocoa powder
200g dark brown soft sugar
125g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160g dark chocolate, chopped
225ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- For Brownies: Melt the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mix in the cocoa, then stir in the sugar, take off the heat. Add the eggs and beat well using a wooden spoon. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Pour into a greased 20x30cm baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the brownie. Then allow to cool.
- For Ganache: Place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir till melted and glossy.
- Refrigerate until cool then spread over brownies. Cut into squares and serve.
Really really fab and delicious. I added a handful of raisins and used a lemon icing instead of the ganache
- 07 Jul 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate