Blackberry Panna Cotta
2 / 2
6 people made this
About this recipe:
Panna cotta infused with blackberry juice. Served with blackberry sauce and blackberries.
2 sachets gelatine
500ml whipping cream
125ml soured cream
1 lemon, juiced
150g caster sugar
2 punnets blackberries
2 tablespoons honey
24 additional blackberries, to decorate
Extra time:8hr chilling ›
- Add 100ml of the milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat to just before boiling; add gelatine and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine remaining milk, whipping cream, soured cream, lemon juice and sugar.
- Strain heated milk and gelatine mixture and slowly add to other liquid mixture.
- Add 250ml blackberry sauce (method below) or until desired tint is obtained.
- Pour into buttered ramekins, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For the blackberry sauce: Combine 2 punnets blackberries, honey and water (add extra water if required) and boil until blackberries are soft.
- Blend cooked berries and liquid in blender or food processor. Strain into a separate bowl and refrigerate (you will use some of this sauce to infuse Panna Cotta).
- To serve the panna cotta, run a paring knife around the inside of each ramekin to loosen. Turn upside on serving plate until panna cotta slides out. Decorate with sauce and add remaining blackberries.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate