- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 225g (8 oz) butter
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
Prep:25min › Cook:15min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix to combine. Chill until dough is easy to handle, about 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to 5cm (1/4 in) thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Very easy to make and tastes great. After reading previous reviews I added a little orange zest to add flavour and used star cutters. It took twice as long in the oven as stated (about 20-25 mins) but ovens do vary so not a problem. Overall, very happy - 07 Jul 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. basically DO NOT FOLLOW THIS RECIPE these are the worst shortcakes i have ever tasted!!!!!!!!!!!!1 - 10 Jan 2011
soo simple to make, i added chocolate sprinkles & choc chips in the mixture, then sprinkled sugar before putting in oven, my kids loved em deeelicious!!! dd take longer than time stated but that dont matter - 10 Feb 2012