Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 50g (2 oz) plain chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 125g (4¼ oz) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250ml (8 fl oz) golden syrup
- 125g (4¼ oz) pecan halves
- 1 recipe pastry to line a 23cm (9 in) pie dish
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Heat butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted; cool slightly.
- With electric hand mixer, beat eggs, sugar, salt, chocolate mixture and golden syrup. Stir in pecans and pour mixture into the pastry-lined pie dish. Trim excess pastry hanging from the edges, and pinch around the perimeter of the pie dish.
- Bake until set, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Use shop-bought shortcrust pastry for this recipe if you're short on time!
I had made a chocloate pecan pie several years ago. I'd lost the recipe, but remembered how good it was. This recipe was just what I was looking for. Good chocolate flavour and very easy to make (even for those who don't normally make pies!) The only suggestion I have is to cover the pie with foil halfway through the baking time so the pastry doesn't burn. - 21 Jul 2008
Great pie!!! Not too sweet, and really easy to make! I covered the edges of the crust for the first 25 minutes. - 21 Jul 2008
This is the best!! I had a similar recipe years ago from a great chocolate cookbook that I gave my daughter (who has to have this for her birthday!) and SHE LOST IT!! found this and it's better than the original!!! I don't use TO DIE FOR, but this IS!! Everybody wants the recipe. - 21 Jul 2008