Pan Fried Whole Trout
- 4 whole trout, cleaned with tails and heads on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges to garnish
Prep:20min › Cook:12min › Ready in:32min
- Remove gills from fish and discard. Rinse fish under cold water.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- In shallow dish, combine the flour, polenta, cayenne, salt and pepper. Raise heat to high. Dredge fish in flour mixture and pan fry in hot oil for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until meat flakes with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
My friend Karen asked me to review this recipe for her. According to Karen and her hubby, this dish was fantastic. The coating was light and crispy and she followed the recipe as written. She'll be doing this one again! - 21 Jul 2008
This is the kind of recipe that is great for folks who know nothing about cooking trout, or cooking in general, for that matter (me !) I love these very basic recipes. The trout turned out moist and very delicious with mash and green beans as sides. Good old fashioned fool-proof cooking. - 21 Jul 2008
Nice and easy recipe. Good not great. - 29 Aug 2010