Best Ever Chicken Kiev
- 110g butter, room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 a small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 a small green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 80g flour, sifted
- 400g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Make the garlic chilli butter by whipping the butter with a fork or electric mixer, then add the garlic, chillies, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Take a piece of cling film, place the garlic butter on top, then roll into a sausage shape and freeze for 10 minutes or until needed.
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling film and bash them out a little. With a sharp knife make a slit in the chicken breast, large enough for a small knob of the garlic butter to go.
- In three separate bowls put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper if preferred.
- Take the garlic butter from the freezer and cut off slices large to fit the slits you made in the chicken.
- Put the garlic butter into the chicken breasts, then coat each breast in the egg, then the flour, then the egg again, then into the brumbcrumbs; you may want to do another dip of the egg then breadcrumbs depending upon how much breadcrumb coating you prefer.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry 2 at a time just to brown the outsides. Then place the Kievs onto a swiss roll tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C / Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and the butter comes out a little.
This was really nice and much better than shop bought will be making this one again, everyone enjoyed it. thanks - 22 Feb 2010
everyone loved it sooooo much better than shop bought will defo be making it again (little tip i toasted my breadcrumbs a little before i put them on the chicken makes the crumb stay on better i think )and also iv added some herbs to the breadcrumbs just to try somehting different luvly both ways - 18 Apr 2013