- 350g (12 oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) unsalted butter
- 120ml water
- 24 dessertspoons jam
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Add flour, salt, sugar and butter to a food processor and mix until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Add the water and continue to blend until a ball is formed.
- Chill the pastry for 30 minutes, or so.
- Grease 2 shallow tart tins and roll out the pastry on a floured surface until it is thin.
- Cut out rounds with a cutter and place into tart tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and spoon a dessertspoonful of jam per round, and put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
My son and I thought we'd make jam tarts. The recipe is easy enough...but WHERE is the oven temperature???!! - 25 Oct 2011
Good easy recipe but I would say there is too much salt, would have been ok with just a pinch of salt. - 09 Aug 2011
Thank you! The whole family love these, whenever I turn my head another one disappears. I set my oven at gas 4, and I had to leave them in for an extra 5 minutes. - 23 Oct 2011