1 / 1 Picture by: Abby
Forfar Bridies (Scottish pasties)
- 350g minced lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 400g shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Prep:30min › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a large heavy frying pan over medium heat, cook lamb mince until evenly brown. Remove from heat, and stir in onion, beef stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry out to 3mm thickness. Cut into 15cm rounds. Place approximately 8 tbsp of filling on one half of each. Fold the pastry over the filling, and crimp edges to seal. Brush lightly with beaten egg white, and cut three slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Place on baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!