- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 (2.5cm) piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, and cook 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Heat the ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly toast the cumin seeds in the ghee. Mix in the green chillies and ginger. Season with chilli powder and coriander. Stir in the potatoes, and cook about 5 minutes. Season with amchoor and salt, and continue cooking about 15 minutes. Garnish with coriander to serve.
Beautiful . I made these tonight and added the picture to you recipe . I made a few little tweaks as i have an actifryer and they were gorgeous with my saag paneer and fried lamb chops (indian style) - 31 Jan 2013
this turned out to be brilliant. I did not need the last 15 mins to cook it... Added garlic and ginger paste and now making fresh nan bread to roll it up in. - 08 Jul 2012
I used sunflower oil in place of ghee, some chilli oil (because I had no fresh green chillies), and finely-chopped fresh mango instead of amchoor powder. It was quick, easy and absolutely delicious - I will definitely be making this again! - 22 Jun 2012