Roasted garlic cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower, separated into florets
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7. Grease a large casserole dish.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
So good! I squirt lemon juice on mine! - 30 Jan 2012
Wonderful recipe! I've never been one for cooked cauliflower, but on a whim I gave this a go and I am not sorry! This has become a weekly dinner staple in my house. Thank you! - 29 Nov 2011
This turns boring cauliflower into a wonderful side dish. Once tried you will never have boiled cauliflower again!! Thanks for a great receipe. - 26 Sep 2009