- 250g plain flour
- 50g salt
- 140ml water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- few drops food colouring (optional)
Prep:1hr › Ready in:1hr
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and oil.
- Knead well until mixture is smooth about 10 mins. You might need to add a bit more flour or water until the consistency is smooth but not sticky.
- Add food colouring and knead until the colour is fully blended.
- Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until chilled enough to use.
fantastic, i made this today and is the best play dough ive made so far, will definately be making again - 06 Aug 2008
Great recipe! My 2yo will be thrilled when she wakes up from her nap. It's perfect for a rainy day, plus all ingredients in my cupboards! - 12 Aug 2011
Fan recipe, My kids loved it, only downside is i now have a bright red hand LOL. - 26 Aug 2011