Blissful Rosemary Chicken
1 / 1
124 people made this
About this recipe:
An elegant and intensely flavourful way to prepare chicken breasts: roll with prosciutto and cheese, skewer with rosemary sprigs, and marinate (or not).
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - pounded to 6mm thickness
4 slices Fontina cheese
4 slices prosciutto
125ml white wine
125ml chicken stock
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, halved
salt to taste
- Use a knife or grater to sharpen the thick ends of the rosemary sprigs. Soak sprigs in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Layer each chicken breast with 1 slice fontina and 1 slice prosciutto. Roll tightly, and skewer each with a rosemary sprig to secure.
- In a bowl, whisk together the wine, stock, oil and pepper. Pour into a medium baking dish. Place rolled chicken breasts in the dish. Place 2 garlic halves under each breast.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear. Remove from baking dish, reserving sauce, and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer remaining sauce to a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Drizzle over chicken to serve. Season chicken with salt to taste.
Fontina is an Italian cheese available at specialty shops and some supermarkets. Substitute another cheese, such as Gruyere or even Cheddar, if you cannot find Fontina.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate