- 500g pork sausage meat
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 litre oil for deep frying
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork sausage and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; mix into the sausage.
- Divide the sausage into four equal parts. Mold each part around one of the hard-boiled eggs, rolling between your hands to shape. Place the beaten egg and breadcrumbs into separate dishes. Dip the balls into the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs until coated. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer to 180 C, or until a cube of bread dropped into the oil turns brown in 1 minute. Lower the eggs carefully into the hot oil. Fry for 5 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
I dont think I will ever buy ready made scotch eggs again. Brilliant. - 16 Jan 2013
Used different ingredients. I had no Worcestershire sauce so I used a little brown sauce instead and they were just as nice. - 31 Dec 2010
Absolutely devine! The only changes I made was to 'double dip' in the egg and bread crumbs and add a pinch of nutmeg. Delicious - 24 Jan 2014