Orange tea bread
7 people made this
About this recipe:
A delicious sweet bread with a small hint of orange - this goes well with coffee, tea or just on its own.
150g self-raising flour
75g caster sugar
3 tbsp milk
zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp orange marmalade
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4 or 180 C.
- Line the base of a small loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease sides of the tin.
- Beat together flour, margerine, egg, milk and sugar.
- Then add the orange zest and marmalade then beat together. Spoon mixture into a tin.
- Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Used different ingredients.
I tried this with lemon zest & lemon curd, then drizzled it with icing made with lemon juice. delicious!
- 05 Dec 2010
This was really easy todo but mine didn't rise like I thought it would, so knowing me I have done something wrong lol.
I varied my ingredients to use orange zest and apricot jam.
- 03 Apr 2012
y quick and tasty
- 20 Jan 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate