- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks (like those used for ice lollies)
- 4 (100g) packets original toffee, such as Walkers
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a baking tray lined with lightly greased aluminium foil.
- Combine toffee, water and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until toffee melts and is smooth. Dip each apple into the toffee and gently run apples around inside of saucepan to scrape off some of the toffee. Place on the aluminium foil and chill until ready to serve.
Something else. These are good plain, but even better if you rub hundreds and thousands or biscuit crumbs on the outsides of the apples. - 07 Aug 2008
It helps if you chill the apples overnight before dipping them in the toffee...This helps the toffee set better. Good basic recipe! - 07 Aug 2008
Delicious, traditional treat. My kids loved them! - 07 Aug 2008