Pasta pesto with chicken
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Great for a mid-week meal this chicken and pasta dish is simple, quick, easy and tastes great.
400g pasta shapes,such as penne or bows
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
7 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic or garlic puree
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons green (or red) pesto
150g soured cream or creme fraiche
grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt; cook and drain the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms and spring onions. Add the garlic, and season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pesto and soured cream; allow to heat through and come to a simmer. Reduce heat, stir in cooked pasta.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Everyone I make this for loves it! Great flavours. Thanks.
- 07 Aug 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate