Simple Chicken Korma
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 chicken stock cube (e.g. Oxo)
- 1 tablespoon creamed coconut
- 2 to 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 small pot natural yoghurt to serve
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:20min › Ready in:1hr
- Melt butter in a large saucepan until sizzling and add the chicken. Cook over medium heat until browned and no pink is showing. Add onion and garlic to saucepan and cook until soft, around 5 minutes.
- Make stock with boiling water as directed on stock cube packet.
- Add stock along with all other ingredients to the saucepan, EXCEPT yoghurt, and bring to the boil. Turn down heat until simmering, cover and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yoghurt. Mix well and enjoy!
Absolutely gorgeous! Adding to my favourites and definitely making it again. - 23 Sep 2010
This was great, easy and very tasty. We had it with onion bhajis, vegetable samosas and nan bread and long-grain rice. Can definitely recommend. - 13 Dec 2012
Just made this tonight and had to review immediately as it was soooo good! I did substitute the yogurt for single cream and added cardamon pods, a handful of dessicated coconut and a lot more garlic! Absolutely delicious and will be a regular weekly meal from now on. - 21 Jan 2013