Low Fat Mushroom Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g chestnut mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 125ml plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil, then saute the onion for five minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the cornflour and stir for a minute or so until the mushroom mixture is evenly coated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve with green beans and wild rice.
I didn't add the tomato puree, soy sauce or thyme but added french mustard and light philadelphia. It smelt and tasted like a low fat stroganoff - delicious! - 09 Mar 2012
really enjoyed making and eating this and will be having it again - 12 May 2013