- 400g of pig's liver or minced pork
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 115g (4 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- fresh sage leaves, minced
- fresh mint leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 300ml (1/2 pint ) of beef stock
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Set oven to 180 degrees C or gas mark 4.
- Mince the liver and leeks together, preferably in a food processor.
- Put mixture in a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, sage, mint and seasoning to taste.
- Form the mixture into 12 balls with floured hands and place in a greased, shallow ovenproof dish.
- Pour the stock into the dish.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes or so, to brown the faggots.
- The remaining gravy may then be thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes.
i wanted to try these as I am welsh but living abroad. they brought back memories of my mother making them for me i used half liver and half mince which worked really well. thanks for such a great recipe Heather - 03 Aug 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. Don,t forget the mushy peas - 22 Feb 2011
I bought a pack of pork mine and a pack of pigs liver and doubled the recipe also used wholemeal bread, only had dired sage so had to guess the amount just kept smelling it does need a fair bit of seasone if you double the ingredients. Turned out lovley made 24 and froze some in the gravy a really nice recipe better than traditional faggots where you need to buy lots of ofal - 22 Sep 2011