Spaghetti with blue cheese and walnuts
- 75g walnut pieces
- 300g spaghetti
- 100g Stilton or other blue cheese
- 3 tbsp single cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep:5min › Cook:12min › Ready in:17min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4). Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove them from the oven and leave to cool, then crush coarsely.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Tip in the spaghetti, bring back to the boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, crumble the cheese into a saucepan. Add the cream, mix, and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain the pasta, setting aside 2 tbsp of the cooking water. Tip the pasta into a heated serving dish. Add the reserved cooking water to the blue cheese mixture. Pour this sauce over the pasta and stir until incorporated. Add the nuts, grind over some pepper and serve at once.
Used different ingredients. I used small rice-shaped pasta (I found it at a cypriot shop) and added sauteed mushrooms. I served this as a starter, sort of like risotto. Since it's quite rich, a little goes a long way. - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. swopped walnuts for crispy bacon - 08 Jan 2011
Rich, decadent and absolutely delicious! - 29 Sep 2008