Tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms
- 300g tagliatelle
- 10g butter
- 290g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 200g lean smoked ham, chopped
- 100ml crème fraîche
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Prep:5min › Cook:12min › Ready in:17min
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 8–10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Melt the butter in a large deep-sided frying pan and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the ham and toss with the mushrooms.
- Drain the pasta and tip into the frying pan with the ham and mushrooms. Stir in the crème fraîche, season with pepper and serve at once.
Buy ham end cuts, which are cheaper than sliced ham. Always compare prices by weight. Pre-packed ham is quite often more expensive per kg than ham sold loose on the deli counter, and you can buy just the amount you need.
Used different ingredients. Chicken in place of the "lean smoked ham". Used a small bit of sliced butchers ham which i had as leftovers. - 10 Mar 2010
I made it with Chicken and threw in some sliced ham as it was all i had. It was delicious. - 10 Mar 2010