- Cook the spinach in a large saucepan using just the water clinging to the leaves after washing them. Cook for 3–4 minutes until just wilted, stirring from time to time. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add the parsley, nutmeg, sugar and salt to the spinach, then stir in the flour.
- Take the pan off the heat and beat in the goat's cheese, then the eggs.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and spread out the spinach mixture to a thickness of about 1 cm. Cook for 5 minutes over a moderate heat, then for 3 minutes on a low heat until golden underneath.
- Slip the pancake on to a plate and add the remaining butter to the pan. Turn the pancake over, then slide it back into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, over a moderate heat, on the other side. Cut into four wedges to serve.
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!
If you have a blini pan, you can make four small individual pancakes. * These pancakes go well as an accompaniment to meat or fish. Alternatively you could dry-fry some sliced, spicy sausage and serve it scattered over the top of the pancakes.