1 / 1 Picture by:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, preferably frozen
- 225g breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ranch dressing, to serve (optional)
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Slice chicken breasts lengthways into long strips. This is easier if you cut your chicken when it's still partly frozen. Don't worry if you end up with some smaller bits of chicken, these will work just as well.
- Place breadcrumbs into a food processor together with the garlic granules, celery seeds, paprika, fennel, salt, pepper and lemon zest and process until the breadcrumbs are nice and fine.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a large sealable plastic bag together with the fully defrosted chicken strips. Shake until the strips are well coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange breaded strips in a single layer on a large plate and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190 C / Gas 6.
- Lightly oil a baking tray with the olive oil (I line mine with baking parchment first to make cleaning up easier).
- Place chicken in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, drizzled generously with the dressing of your choice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!