Chinese Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 400g chicken breast, chopped into cubes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Heat a wok over a medium heat until hot, add the toasted sesame oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, garlic and black bean sauce. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring until it is cooked throughout. Dissolve the stock cube in 400ml boiling water and stir in. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the onion, spring onions, green pepper, soy sauce and black pepper. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp of water and add it to the wok.
- Stir the mixture until the sauce thickens and add more salt and pepper if required.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
made this one nite instead of having a take away,so easy to make and tasted fab. - 13 Mar 2012
6 tablespoons of black bean sauce is too much, may skip the chicken cube and the salt.. - 09 Oct 2012
Quick, easy to make, would skip the salt next tim as it didn't really need it - 20 Jul 2012