Easy Kids Cupcakes
- 170g (6 oz) butter or margarine
- 170g (6 oz) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- For decorating
- 200g plain chocolate
- sweets to decorate (eg M&M's, jelly sweets, smarties)
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream together margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Sift in flour and mix gently.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes (dependant on cake size) until golden brown and skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate: Melt chocolate either in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of cupcakes and decorate with sweets. Leave to set. Enjoy!
I made these last night and they turned out quite nice as I also added organic vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon. I'd also like to comment that they weren't as fluffy as to what I was hoping but shall definitely make them again and shall add maybe a level teaspoon of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Thanks again for sharing a decent basic cupcake recipe that one can build on. 18/7/11 Made them again and with baking powder and bicarbonate of soda they came out great so I'm back to change my 4 star rating to 5 - 09 Aug 2012
i got 20 cup cakes out of the mix and cooked spot on 20 minutes and they were perfect, it was so easy I couldn't believe it ,I gave the rating it deserved 5 stars - 24 Nov 2011
very nice, and enough mix for 2 dozen cupcakes. - 12 Jun 2011