1 / 1 Picture by:
Haddock with White Wine Sauce
sarah81783 Surrey, England, UK
- 2-4 shallots or 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 500ml of white wine
- sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 haddock fillets
- dried rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 3 knobs of butter
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- First, chop the shallots or white onion and saute half of it in olive oil for 1 minute. Add the twig of rosemary and white wine. Reduce it till it's gone down to half. While it's simmering, saute garlic with olive oil.
- While the sauce is simmering and garlic is sauteing, season haddock with salt and pepper. In a separate pan, add the rest of the remaining of the chopped onion or shallots and dried rosemary. Saute till you can smell the rosemary which is like 30 seconds. Add haddock and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Carefully flip over the fillets to avoid breaking the fish.
- Add crush garlic into the wine mixture. Stir. Add 3 knobs of butter into the sauce and whisk until butter and sauce is completely mixed. Strain the sauce if you like, before serving it.
- Transfer the fish to a warm plate, serve with mash and buttered asparagus. Drizzle over the white wine and roasted garlic sauce.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes.co.uk staff, to conform to measures and ingredients that are familiar to UK and Irish cooks.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!