Just for Iain Macaroni cheese
Serves : 2
- 1 pint milk
- 2 oz / 60g butter
- 2 oz / 60g plain flour
- tip tsp mustard
- 2 - 3 oz / 60 - 90g any cheese - grated or crumbled
- Tinned tomatoes (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Cook macaroni pasta then put aside.
- Add everything except the cheese, tomatoes and pasta in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 10 - 12 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Stir till thickened.
- Stir in the cheese, tomatoes (if required) and simmer.
- Then add the pasta to warm sauce.
- Season to taste.
- If too thick, thin down with a little more milk. For a thinner sauce add less milk
Used different ingredients. got to use better cheese! any just doesnt cut it! try Guda or strong chedder - 01 Sep 2008
This meal made my day! - 16 Nov 2011