14 people made this
About this recipe:
My late mum's recipe a great family favourite, cheap and easy to make.
225g (8 oz) each of margarine, sugar and self-raising flour
140g (5 oz) porridge oats
55g (2 oz) cocoa
25g (1 oz) chopped nuts
chocolate for covering
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- In a large pan melt together margarine and sugar.
- When sugar is completely dissolved remove from heat and mix in oats, cocoa and nuts. Mix in self-raising flour.
- Turn into a 20x30cm (13x9 in) baking tray and press down well.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 15 minutes.
- Cool then cover with melted chocolate. Chill to set.
Really easy and quick to make and the kids love them
- 06 Sep 2011
The idea of this recipe is great! But there is way too much flour! The first batch were in-edible. The second batch I used half the flour and they came out perfect!
- 13 Jan 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate