- 210g salted butter
- 200g plain flour
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 pineapples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 150g caster sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Cut the butter into 6mm cubes and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place flour, brown sugar and salt in bowl of food processor with the metal blade. Pulse food processor 4-5 times to mix ingredients.
- Add butter cubes one at a time to food processor so they do not stick together. Pulse 20-30 times or until it looks like large breadcrumbs.
- Place crumble topping in tupperware and refrigerate until needed. (Can be done up to 2 days in advance.)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Chop pineapple into cubes and mix with lemon juice and the sugar.
- Place pineapple mixture into an ovenproof baking dish or individual ramekins. Top with crumble mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with either vanilla ice cream or fresh cream.
Oh my, this was delicious! I will make it again. I wasn't sure, because it is so easy . . .but everyone loved it! Including ME! - 21 Jul 2011
Wow is all I can say about this. My mum and I made it this afternoon, and we just tried it, and it's amazing. I've just linked this over to a friend who can't wait to make it either. It was so easy to make. As there are 3 people to eat this, we halved the recipe down and rounded it up the best we could. But it worked really really well. Would make this again and no half it as it would still get eaten. Especially by us!!!! - 19 Jan 2012
Not sure that the recipe proportions are right. Started to follow it and didn't end up with breadcrumbs. Compared to other crumbles this has more fat than flour! So I have just added more flour until it starts resembling something like a crumble. Yet to cook it, so can't review the taste, but that is certainly not crumble unless adapted. - 19 May 2013