Light Fruit and Nut Granola
- 175g rolled porridge oats
- 50g spelt flour
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons apple sauce or purée
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 30g diced dried apricots
- 30g chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Extra time:15min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas mark 2. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Toss the oats, spelt flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, dried apricots, pecans and ground flax seed together in a bowl, and mix well. Spread the granola mixture on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir the granola, then bake for another 15 minutes until dry. Cool completely before serving or transferring to an airtight container for storage.
Excellent and so easy to make. Made this for myself and everyone loved it. I did adapt it slightly as I do not like dried apricots, I used dried dates instead, and golden linseed in place of the flax. Will not be buying Granola from the shops again. - 21 Jul 2013