1 / 1 Picture by: SloeWolf
SloeWolf Hertfordshire, England, UK
- 1kg goat meat without bones
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Scotch bonnet (any colour seeded and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 3 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 whole spring onions, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tin of coconut milk (optional)
Prep:3hr › Cook:3hr › Ready in:6hr
- Rinse goat meat and coat in the juice of half a lime. Put the meat in a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, Scotch bonnet, thyme, allpsice, curry powder, spring onion, onion and garlic. Leave for at least 2 hours to marinate in fridge.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat until very hot, add the meat to the pan reserving the seasoning mixture. cook until brown about 6 minutes, add seasoning mix and cook for a further 2 minutes, add the tomatoes and cook until everything is combined about 3 more minutes. Add the coconut milk and about 2 more tins of water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until meat is tender (a good couple of hours). Stir in the remaining lime juice. Serve with rice and plantain.
Something else. I like to leave bones in the pot for extra flavour - 22 Oct 2008
Best recipe for Goat I've found so far - 22 Apr 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!