- 15 large marshmallows
- 15 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 15 glacé cherries, halved
- 150ml condensed sweetened milk
- 75g desiccated coconut
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- Cut the marshmallows in halves using scissors, and place in a large bowl. Toss with the digestive biscuits and candied cherries. Gradually stir in the sweetened condensed milk until the mixture becomes a soft, moist dough. It should not be too dry, so you may need to add a bit more milk.
- Spread a generous layer of coconut out on a clean surface, and place the dough on top of it. Use your hands to form the dough into a long thick sausage, making sure it is well coated with coconut. Wrap in a double layer of cling film, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Unwrap the long piece of dough, and cut into slices to serve.
I have been making this for years but I make it in a tray and top and tail it with chocolate. I line a baking tray with foil then pour some melted chocolate in to form a thin base. Leave it to harden then spread the mixture on top. Leave it to harden then spread another thin layer of chocolate on the top. It freezes well and I always keep some in the freezer for when friends come round. - 07 Oct 2009
lovely will make more, thank you - 05 Nov 2011
Tastiest dessert ever for family, friends and events. Easy to make in large amounts. Serves well. - 18 Jul 2011