Potato Pirate Ships
Baked potatoes are halved and filled with cheesey mashed potato and bacon, and finished off with a mast. I serve these on a 'sea' of lettuce in an attempt to get my children to eat some veg!
2 people made this
1 medium sized baking potato
2 tablespoons of grated Cheddar cheese
4 rashers of bacon
2 slices of ham
2 cherry tomatoes
Some salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / Gas Mark 6.
- Bake the potato for 45 minutes, or until it's soft in the centre. Set aside to cool down.
- Cook the bacon under the grill or in a frying pan. Cut into strips when cooked.
- Cut the potato longways, and scoop out all the potato into a bowl, being careful not to break through the skin.
- Add half of the cheese and bacon to the potato: mix well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Put back into the oven or under the grill for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Take two cocktail sticks, and thread a slice of ham on each to look like sails.
- Secure a cherry tomato at the top end of the stick and place in the middle of the potato.
- Serve on a 'sea' of lettuce leaves.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (2)
My daughter made these with me when she had a friend over. They had great craic!
16 Jul 2008
Fun! A little 'fiddly" but the kids did love them. We sprinkled cheese on parchment paper and baked until crispy. Then used the crispy cheese to adorn the 'ships'.
07 Feb 2015
User's IP: 18.104.22.168