1 / 1 Picture by: Jonah’s Mom
Brine for Roast Turkey
- 3L vegetable stock
- 275g sea salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1L ice water
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Extra time:8hr › Ready in:8hr20min
- In a large stock pot, combine the vegetable stock, sea salt, rosemary, sage, thyme and savory. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently to be sure salt is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- When the stock mixture is cool, pour it into a clean large bucket. Stir in the ice water.
- Wash and dry your turkey. Make sure you have removed the innards. Place the turkey, breast down, into the brine. Make sure that the cavity gets filled. Place the bucket in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the turkey carefully, draining off the excess brine, and pat dry. Discard excess brine.
- Cook the turkey as desired reserving the dripping for gravy. Keep in mind that brined turkeys cook 20 to 30 minutes faster so watch the internal temperature closely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!