Leek, Bacon and Potato Soup
- 350g cleaned leeks, finely sliced
- 350g peeled potato, thinly sliced
- 225g rashers bacon, fat removed and diced
- 850ml chicken stock
- 150ml milk
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- single cream (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Add potatoes, leeks and bacon. Saute for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and leeks soften, but do not brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and season with pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Microwave milk for 1 minute.
- Pour soup into a liquidiser and process for 30 seconds. Transfer back to the pan and stir in the warm milk.
- Remove from heat and ladle into soup bowls. Swirl with single cream, if desired.
A LOVELY HEART WARMING SOUP ENJOYED BY ALL THE FAMILY.SECOND TIME OF MAKING - 22 Oct 2011
very nice, was surprisingly tasty. Saved half the bacon, crisped it up and put in on the top just before serving. Yummy. Thanks - 26 Oct 2012
Excellent, I love recipes that only have a few easy to get ingredients and will feed an army of people. Qudos - 04 Jun 2013