Leek, bacon and potato soup
A delicious winter soup that will warm the cockles of your heart. Leeks are simmered with potatoes and bacon in a chicken stock. Enjoy with fresh crusty bread, if desired.
38 people made this
350g cleaned leeks, finely sliced
350g peeled potato, thinly sliced
225g rashers bacon, fat removed and diced
850ml chicken stock
freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
single cream (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Add potatoes, leeks and bacon. Saute for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and leeks soften, but do not brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and season with pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Microwave milk for 1 minute.
- Pour soup into a liquidiser and process for 30 seconds. Transfer back to the pan and stir in the warm milk.
- Remove from heat and ladle into soup bowls. Swirl with single cream, if desired.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (17)
A LOVELY HEART WARMING SOUP ENJOYED BY ALL THE FAMILY.SECOND TIME OF MAKING
22 Oct 2011
very nice, was surprisingly tasty. Saved half the bacon, crisped it up and put in on the top just before serving. Yummy. Thanks
26 Oct 2012
Excellent, I love recipes that only have a few easy to get ingredients and will feed an army of people. Qudos
04 Jun 2013
User's IP: 220.127.116.11