Delicious Cut Out Biscuits
- 225g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225ml soured cream
- 625g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and soured cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Dough will be light and sticky. Cover or wrap dough and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to .25cm thickness. Cut into desired shapes using biscuit cutters. Place biscuits 2 to 3cm apart onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until biscuits turn a very light brown. Remove from baking trays to cool on wire racks. Decorate with your favourite icing recipe if desired.
I thought these might be hard to make, but they weren't at all. Made them with the kids and it was fun for all. They're gorgeous when decorated and taste nice, too! - 14 Dec 2008
This is a great biscuit recipe to have throughout the year - 28 Dec 2011
I agree these biscuits are quite easy to make and they do have a lovely taste, however they raised like cakes, and was soft, no crunch or crumble at all which defeats the object of baking biscuits to me, - 17 Dec 2012