Chicken Curry Puff Pastry Parcels
- 150g finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 25g chopped almonds
- 1 spring onion, minced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1/2 packet shop bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, apple, mayo, creme fraiche, almonds, onion, coriander, curry powder, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 13cm circles. Spoon about 4 spoonfuls of filling in the centre of each circle. Moisten edges of pastry with water, then fold over and seal edges with a fork. Place on the prepared baking tray. Cut small slits in the tops of each parcel. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Used different ingredients. i added a heaped tea spoon of curry paste just to give them a bit more of a kick - 30 Jun 2010
These sound lovely. And everything on the list i practically have in my store cupboard. All i will need is the chicken, well for that i will get some rotiserie chicken from my local supermarket. Thanks for sharing this with me i will definetly be making them and i will be back to comment on how they went, although i feel already they will be a success.x - 05 Jul 2010
These were excellent. Thank you very much.I will deffo make them again. - 30 Mar 2011