Easy pasta bake
- olive oil
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tin good quality chopped tomatoes
- 1 fat clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ball mozzerella
- cheddar cheese
- worcester sauce
- tomato puree
- 250g wholewheat penne pasta
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Fry red pepper, courgette and garlic in olive oil until softened. Add tin tomatoes and 1 tbsp tomato puree. Add mixed herbs and generous splash worcester sauce.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Put all ingredients into pyrex dish and give it a good stir. Shred the mozzerella and grate cheddar over the top. Cook in hot oven until cheese is browning and bubbling.
Really easy to do but I found it a little bland. Maybe next time i'll ad some onions. - 22 Jun 2009
the whole family enjoyed this meal. i did add a 2nd tin of tomatoes the 2nd time i tried this, along with an extra bit of garlic. great for getting some extra veg into the kids tho! - 11 Jun 2011
I thought that this was quite nice,but 'was' a little on the dry side,i think i'll use '2' tins of chopped tomatoes next time - 16 Mar 2010