Quick chocolaty mousse
A quick and easy recipe that contains no eggs or gelatine and is suitable for any occasion. It's great served with whatever fruit is in season.
231 people made this
100g good quality plain chocolate
200ml double cream
100g strawberries (or other seasonal fruit), sliced
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Once smooth and melted, remove from heat.
- Heat the milk until just boiling, then whisk in melted chocolate. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Whip 150ml of the cream to soft peaks, then fold into cooled chocolate.
- Reserve 6 strawberry slices for decoration, then divide remainder between 6 serving ramekins or small bowls. Evenly spoon over the chocolate mousse.
- Whip remaining cream to stiff peaks, then place a dollop over each bowl of mousse and decorate with reserved strawberries.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (22)
great recipe ive tryed it few times now and tryed diffrent choc's galaxy and mint aero probly the best so far
16 Nov 2011
Used different ingredients.
use whipping cream rather than double
17 Apr 2011
scrumptious mousse so easy to make it, next time I will double the ingredients as I'm a sweet tooth freak
08 Jul 2011
User's IP: 126.96.36.199