Chorizo and couscous stuffed peppers
25 people made this
About this recipe:
Red peppers are stuffed with a delicious mixture of chorizo, couscous, courgette, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes. This dish works well as a starter as well as a main course.
4 red peppers
1 small courgette, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
8 button mushrooms, diced
2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 (225g) pack chorizo sausage, casing removed and diced
hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
olive oil, as needed
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Slice off a quarter of each pepper, lengthways. Scrape out the seeds and discard. Coat hollowed out peppers with olive oil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Dice remaining pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to the packet's instructions.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add courgette, mushrooms and tomatoes to the pan. Stir occasionally until vegetables have softened. Add chorizo and warm through. Season with hot pepper sauce.
- Fluff up couscous and add the contents of the pan. Stir well.
- Remove peppers from oven and stuff with couscous mixture, return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve.
Absolutely delicious,I added double the filling with added cumin and ground coriander to just 150 g of cous cous and a sprinkle of grated goats cheese on top. But really lovely.
- 20 Nov 2012
Nice. Make sure you get peppers that can stand up though, or you'll need to cut them in half. I didn't use any courgette but stuck to th recipe otherwise.
- 11 Jul 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate