- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 washed potato, sliced paper thin (peeling is optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic sandwich or freezer bag. Add the potato slices, and toss to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Remove chips from plate, and toss with salt (or other seasonings). Let cool. Repeat process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate.
Something else. For an 850 Watt microwave the time for a full plate of crisp is between 6-7mins Reduce the time if you have less on the plate. - 11 Jun 2010
This works!! I had it in for about 6 mins with only a few that had over crisped but they all tasted yummy and look great. I dusted them with a little onion granules and it was very tasty!! - 16 Aug 2011
This recipe worked well. The chips came out crisp and tasty after 5 mins of cooking. Again, the only problem was the chips sticking to the plate and I had to scrape them off with a knife leaving most of the chips as little crumbs. Next time, I'll put a piece of non-stick baking paper on the plate first. - 04 Jan 2011